How to change your Spectrum WiFi password: Do you want to connect a new Spectrum WiFi-enabled device but unfortunately, you have forgotten your WiFi password, or just want to reset your Spectrum WiFi password? This post will discuss how to change Spectrum WiFi password with ease.
However, before we proceed to show you how to find and change your Spectrum WiFi login password, we shall first be looking at what Spectrum offers to their customers.
About How to Find Spectrum Wi-Fi Password Change
Spectrum provides the fastest internet connection through wifi, routers, and modems as well. Spectrum allows a fantastic service where users turn out their domestic modem or router into a public Wifi hotspot. If anyone using Spectrum cable connection, then it will turn into a public WiFi hotspot easily.
So because users can turn their Spectrum WiFi into a public one, sometimes when the WiFi is been abused, the spectrum users may want to change the Spectrum wifi password so as to deny some people connection access
As such we are offering here tips & trick on how to change your spectrum wifi password or changing spectrum internet router password easy if you think that your password has been compromised or by others.
How to Change Your Spectrum Wifi Password
Following the simple methods to change the username and password of your Spectrum Wifi. To change the spectrum wifi hotspot password.
- With your web browser, go to https://www.spectrum.net
- Choose manage my Account option
- Select Internet
- Now you need to locate your Device by clicking on See Device Information button
- Now you can see your Device information i.e username or password
- Click on password
- Tap on the change password
- Enter current password
- Now type new password then save.
Secondary Option, from the Spectrum application, you can easily change Spectrum Wifi information (Spectrum wifi username/ID and Spectrum wifi password)
Steps to Change the Spectrum Wi-Fi Password
Here are easy steps to change your Spectrum WiFi password.
- Connect your PC to your Wi-Fi modem with an Ethernet cable.
- Type http://192.168.0.1 in your browser’s address bar and hit Enter.
- Enter the default username and password credentials for you Spectrum modem to login.
- There are various settings. Select WiFi (Wireless in some brand modems) to change your Spectrum WiFi password.
- Type your new WiFi password. Of course, you could also change the WiFi name.
- Save your changes.
Now you have successfully changed the Spectrum WiFi password. In most cases, the user may find it difficult to find the WiFi password, below is how to find it easily.
How to Find Your Spectrum WiFi Network Name & Password
There are various ways to retrieve your Spectrum WiFi network name and password, depending on the type of equipment you have and whether you have WiFi service with Spectrum.
There are several places to find your network name and password:
- On a label on your router or modem-router combo (gateway).
- On a Windows 7, 8 or 10 computer.
- On a Mac.
- On Spectrum.net using your Spectrum online account. This works if you have Spectrum WiFi and you received your equipment in 2013 or later.
How to Change Your Spectrum Router Internet Password:
Spectrum gives few routers to its users. So lots of users facing issues with changing spectrum router password, the steps on how to change spectrum modem password are given below.
- First, users need to open a web browser and type 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.254 in athe ddress bar.
- Now, users will be redirected to a page where it is displayed; customer username is Admin and password is Password. Spectrum users may even have a blank password.
- Now on the left side of your system, in the menu section, visit to Gateway, then hit on the Connection button > Wifi button> click on the Edit Account Password Button, which one is next to the wifi network.
- Now change the Spectrum network password and also the SSID if you can its depends upon users choice then click on the Saving button.
- In Next Step, users should change the Spectrum modem password as well from the old one.
- Follow the steps: Visit Troubleshooting Area>Click on Change Spectrum Password>Enter Current Spectrum Password>Type New Password>Re-enter New Spectrum Password>
- Finally, hit on the Save button.
Spectrum modem users are now all set with the new Spectrum internet router password. Above mentioned article is on how to Change your Spectrum WiFi password router or Spectrum Wifi Passwords. Hope all visitors find our Article helpful.
Find Some More Questions Related to how to Change a Spectrum WiFi Password
How do I change the spectrum wireless password?
How to change the name of my Spectrum wireless network?
How to easily change the Spectrum WiFi Password?
I Can’t Remember My Spectrum Network Passwords, How to Change?
How to Change the Wi-Fi Name (SSID) on a Spectrum Router?
How to Reset Your Spectrum Wireless Router?
How to change my charter spectrum wifi password?